Quick and easy way to install TWRP custom recovery and root Lenovo K4 Note (Possibly other models too if you have their TWRP recovery).
This is for advanced users who already know flashing. It will also format everything in phone because of unlocking boot loader. (oem unlock). If your boot loader is already unlocked then you can skip oem unlock command and it will not format your phone.
Magisk is the new and advanced thing for rooting almost every android phone. R.I.P. superSU.
- extract ADB
- Enable developer options in About > Phone > Build Number.
- Enable USB Debugging in developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options
- Connect phone by USB cable and install drivers if required
- Open CMD on computer and navigate to directory of ADB.EXE
- Run adb devices
- Authorize your computer in your phone. Check phone home screen for this message.
- Verify device connected
- run adb reboot-bootloader (this will restart phone in bootloader mode.)
- run fastboot oem unlock (this will FORMAT apps/photos/videos/internal memory of phone, not sdcard)
- Check on phone screen, some confirmation message for format, Accept that.
- run fastboot flash recovery Lenovok4note_MM_recovery.img
- Hold power vol UP vol Down to get into recovery
- wait 15 minutes recovery takes a lot of time to show up. slightly press power button after some time to check.
- if asks then Allow system Modify and Verify recovery working properly
- from inside recovery Reboot to system and verify your phone is working properly.
- copy Magisk zip to phone/sdcard
- Turn Off phone
- Hold power vol up vol down to get into recovery mode
- install Magisk from recovery
- reboot phone